Friday, July 2, 2010

Adventure #10-Online Image Generators

I fell in love with Glogster. It is a lot like creating a blog but in poster form, and you can be more creative with it. I posted one that I created today. You can also visit my page at http://angelscaughtreading.glogster.com to see my glog page. I would really love to see my elementary students (primarily 5th grade) use this; however, I think I am dreaming! High School would definitely enjoy this. Why did they have to make all these technology wonders after I have grown up? or maybe I haven't grown up if I am enjoying these generators so much. :)

ImageChef.com is also great. I believe I could you this site in the library to highlight the student's accomplishments in reading or for the student to create an image for a project.

I spent time on the other image generators, but when I found glogster, the others took a backseat. I love being creative. I know the students do too; they just are not given enough time to be creative with all of the testing that is going on in school. Boo!!

So, as a librarian, whether I am in elementary next year again or at the high school (that is another story) I plan to introduce glogster in some way. With my luck, it will be filtered, and I won't be able to use it.

I am not finished with the image generators and plan to revisit them later. So, my technology buffs, until next time, visit glogster to view other glogs. You may be glogging instead of blogging!!

No comments:

Post a Comment