Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Rollyo-Adventure #12

I have been "playing around" with Rollyo for about 3 hours. Rollyo is a site that allows you to create your own search tool using the websites that you frequently use. You can find Rollyo at http://www.rollyo.com/. I thought I would create one using websites that I have on my favorites list. All of the websites are connected to books and lesson plans for elementary school libraries. I didn't add a lot of websites but am assuming that I can go back and edit. (need to check on that)

I first went to: Add a gadget on my blog so that I could add the search box on the side. Do not click on "Search Box." That is a search box that Blogger provides. Instead, Click on "HTML/JAVA Script and paste the code that is provided from Rollyo. That will add your search box to the side or wherever you want the gadget. Just for fun, type in "shape books" and see what comes up.

It was fun creating my own search tool. I think it would be fun to create science websites for the teachers to search in or now that a social studies test is being added to 5th grade.........endless possibilities!

This adventure is not over. I am hoping to continue this adventure tomorrow. So until then techies and librarians and friends and foe....... (sorry, my husband has been reading Hulk comic books, but that's another story!)

1 comment: