Friday, August 13, 2010

Adventure #17 Wikis Revisited

For this adventure, I was asked to look at other wiki websites. Then, I was asked to play in the ESC1 wiki's sandbox. I really didn't enjoy playing in the sandbox. The sandbox is an area where you can add things for fun, I guess so that you will become comfortable with working inside a wiki. To each his own.

What I did enjoy, however, was looking at other wiki websites. The one I really liked is a California Curriculum Connections wiki found at http://calcurriculum.pbworks.com. This provided me with a lot of ideas for wiki use.

Wikis could be used as a place for librarians to help each other (within a school district), especially new ones. In fact, I think I am going to start one, let the librarians know about it, and see where it goes. Librarians could also collaborate on creating standard documents to be used in all elementary or secondary libraries. Library uses: Scavenger hunts, genre study, technology wiki for teachers and students, book discussions....and the list could go on and on.

Another wiki I enjoyed was the TeacherLibrarian wiki found at http://teacherlibrarian.pbworks.com. Okay, enough of wikis. I am ready to move on to web-based tools. So, until next time techies.

No comments:

Post a Comment