Friday, August 13, 2010

Adventure #19-Library Thing

Library Thing, found at http://www.librarything.com, allows users to add books from their personal library to the website; thus, they can connect with other users who have similar interests. This reminds me of a world-wide book club! I added books that are my favorites (although I have many many more), and it allowed me to see who had similar libraries like mine. Maybe other librarians? Other Angel believers? There are also book reviews by users, which could prove useful for librarians.

I was able to add a Library Thing widget to my blog. You just have to go into the HTML and paste the code. Hopefully, it will update when I add more books. I will test this out tomorrow. So, until next time techies......I'm off to the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment