Sunday, August 15, 2010

Adventure #21 Podcasts

Podcasts are non-musical audios that are fed into embeddable players or through your RSS feeds. I signed up for an account at http://www.podbean.com/. I liked that fact that they have an embeddable player for podcasts. The embeddable player can be embedded into your blog or other website. However, what I am finding out, although I am still investigating this, is that the podcasts that embed into the player are the ones that we create, not ones that you find that are already created by someone else. I am still trying to find a way to embed podcasts that have been created by someone else but am running out of time right now.

There are many podcasts that are found in directories on topics such as current news topics, education (found one on beginning Spanish) and any other topic you could think of.

One of our librarians last year created podcasts with her students. They read books; then, they created book review podcasts. What was interesting and exciting was that Derek Landy, author of Skulduggery Pleasant, found out about her podcast and scheduled a phone interview with her students, all the way from Ireland. Kudos to Amy Marquez, librarian extraordinaire!

So, my podcasting adventure is just beginning. I will post more on this adventure at a later date. So until next time techies........

No comments:

Post a Comment