Monday, June 14, 2010

Adventure #7 Google Applications

Who would have thought that Google had so many applications!! No, Google is not just for searching, although that is what it is known for. Google, of course, has an email application; however, it also has something that I feel will be beneficial to the teachers. It is called Google Docs; this application allows you to create documents and save them for personal use or for public display. It also allows you to upload documents that you have already created. Teachers have turned to pin drives, but this will allow them a little more freedom. They can open up their documents anywhere, anytime. How convenient is that? Rhetorical question, of course! :)

I am still exploring a program for uploading photos called Picasa, as well as Google Reader which allows you to receive articles on topics of interest. Right now, I have articles on North Carolina Lighthouses and How Stuff Works being fed to my account. I will follow up on this later and let you know if it is worth the hassle of setting it up. (Okay, I am sure it will be!)

One other Google application sounded interesting. It is called Google Alerts. This will send email alerts to you on topics of your choice as well. I am having librarian articles and celebrity deaths sent to my email. This may bog down my email with too many articles; so, I will see if this would be something that the teachers on my campus could use. Like they don't have anything else to do!

Since I am in an elementary school, the only thing I think the students could use would be the google docs. Still an interesting find: Google Applications. I am just beginning my quest with google; so, until next time my sweet followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment