Friday, June 4, 2010

Flickr-thing #5 (renaming adventure #5)

I hate calling these posts "things." So, I am renaming them adventures! Flickr has been an adventure. Flickr is a site that allows you to post photos while also allowing you to view other poster's photos; although I am sure uploading photos is easy, the problem comes in with Creative Commons. There are many different Creative Commons categories. Some photos that others have posted can be used as is or remixed; some have to be used as is; some can not be used without written consent. Etc. Etc. Blah Blah Blah. Just kidding about the Blah Blah Blah part. I am just a little frustrated. I would not use this site with elementary school students. Now, I know why it is blocked in our district. (Some pictures are not age-appropriate)

I was excited to do a keyword search (tag search) on Griffith Park (my favorite childhood park in North Hollywood). Many photos were posted; even one showing the creeks that run through the park. Could I use these in an educational setting? No, but I enjoyed them none the less.

So, my adventure continues with flickr today. I will not be defeated! I will post more later today, after my pool school class is over. Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. There are many photos on Flickr that you could use for book trailers.

    ReplyDelete