Sunday, June 27, 2010

Adventure #9-Locating a Few Useful Library Blogs


I don't want to sound like I'm not having fun with RSS feeds, but at the moment, I feel like there is too much information out there to explore. In my opinion, there are too many places to explore. Who really has time? (Even in the summer?) I previewed the sites that were recommended, such as Topix.net, Technorati and a multitude of others; confusing? No; time-consuming? Yes!


Topix.net is basically your local newspaper or the news in your area on the web. I read the newspaper everyday; so, for me, this was worthless; for others, this would probably be worth the feed. I liked the edublogs link that took me to the top websites. I was even able to link one through my google reader to my blog. So, that was cool; however, there is so much out there on the web that after awhile, you can have access to too much information. Some may disagree, which is okay with me. Again, it is that two-edged sword that keeps popping up.


What I think is interesting is the way, when viewing my blog, you can click on Next blog at the top of the blog site to see other blogs. Most are just family related blogs with family pictures, but once in awhile, you will come across an unusual one.


As a librarian, will any of this help me? Some will, some won't. It is a matter of just devoting time to RSS feeds. I am aware of the symbol, though, that alerts me to the feed capability. (see symbols above) So, if I find anything useful in my future adventures, I can add the feed to one of my accounts or to my blog feed. So, as of right now, I will not be adding any more RSS feeds to any of my readers. I am anxious to move on to a new adventure. So, until next time.....

3 comments:

  1. I liked the Free Technology for Teachers Blog. I added it to my My Blogs since I think it can come in handy when keeping updated with technology in education settings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to follow several blogs, Cynsations, neverendingsearch, Librarian in Black, Fuse #8 Productions, and some others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete